Wednesday, May 13, 2015

beginnings

I am going to admit some thing to you:

I am rather naive when it comes to traveling abroad.

Most of my preconceived notions of England have come from Harry Potter books, Charles Dickens and Jane Austen novels, and random BBC documentaries.

These are not proper foundations on which to judge our fine neighbors across the pond, however, it's the best that I could do.

Until now.

This blog is to document my travels to the U.K. through the Wheaton in England program beginning May 18th.

I couldn't be more excited, though I am a tiny bit nervous. If I get into a pinch, I plan on just belting "God save the Queen" quite loudly and bolting right on out of there. That ought to do it, yes?

There's about thirty wide eyed students (yours truly included) led by our two trusty leaders, Dr. Colon and Dr. Galbraith. Rounding out the group is Dr. Galbraith's wife and three small children. Such an addition may provide interesting anecdotes. Stay tuned.

Hopefully featured on this blog:
  • Sight-seeing in London, Canterbury, Beer, Cambridge, York, Manchester, etc. 
  • Decent writing (putting that English writing major to good use, Mom!) covering humorous tales, group drama, and day-to-day "exotic" travel stories
  • Adequate photo-journalism (fingers crossed here)
  • Reflections on plays and books as the muses lead
Also, there is always the slightest possibility that I'll run into Benedict Cumberbatch, fan-girl extravagantly, and have lots of lovely pictures. No promises, but one can always dream.

Anywho, check in every now and then-- I hope to update this thing properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment